Ultra Fleet is committed to protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we use the personal and organisational information you provide to us in order for us to provide you with our services, establish and maintain donor relationships or that you otherwise provide to us through our website. This policy may be updated from time to time.
What is the Privacy Legislation?
In Australia, the main piece of legislation governing privacy is the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. This Act requires organisations to comply with 13 Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) which regulate the way in which private sector organisations collect, use, keep secure and disclose personal information. The APPs also give individuals the right to know what information an organisation holds about them and to correct that information if it is out of date or otherwise inaccurate.
Ultra Fleet’s Commitment
Ultra Fleet is committed to protecting your privacy. This includes ensuring that:
- all information collected from you is required for the purpose of providing the service you have requested, whether it be for one of our services, facilitating your donation, providing you with a volunteer opportunity or otherwise;
- your personal information will not be passed on to other unrelated third parties without your consent; and
- your personal information is securely and accurately stored and accessible for your review.
Why does Ultra Fleet collect personal information and how is such information used?
Ultra Fleet will only collect personal information about you that we need to provide our services or that you have provided in connection with making a donation, applying for volunteering opportunities or otherwise. For example, we collect personal information from you in order to:
- process applications for service or assistance;
- correct billing for the services or events we provide;
- establish and maintain donor relationships;
- ensure the effectiveness and appropriateness of our services and assist with research and development of new programs and services; and
- meet Government funding, professional and legal requirements.
Ultra Fleet will use your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected except where you consent to us using the information for other purposes.
Mailing houses and other service providers
Ultra Fleet occasionally uses mailing houses or other service providers to maximise the quality and efficiency of its services. To the extent that these service providers may get access to personal information held by Ultra Fleet and are authorised to use such information on behalf of Ultra Fleet, we require such service providers to comply with applicable privacy legislation.
What personal information does Ultra Fleet collect?
The personal information that we may ask for will depend on the type of relationship you have with Ultra Fleet, for example, whether you are a client, volunteer or donor. Examples of the types of information collected include:
• your contact information such as name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
• your financial details for payment of services or events; and
• specific information, directly relating to a service we provide, (e.g., ethnicity to ensure a culturally appropriate service).
How do we protect and store your information?
Ultra Fleet will endeavour to take all reasonable measures to securely store your personal information either in an electronic or physical form and to keep this information accurate, complete and up to date.
Your information is stored in secured premises or in electronic databases that require passwords and logins. This protects your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Ultra Fleet.
All personal information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected or that you ask us to delete is destroyed unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Will your information be disclosed to others?
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to provide you with services that you request. Ultra Fleet does not routinely disclose personal information. Ultra Fleet will not disclose any information about you for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected without your consent, unless:
- we are required to do so by law;
- we believe the disclosure is necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of you, another client, any member of the public or Ultra Fleet;
- the disclosure is required in order to assess your application for volunteering opportunities, to accept your donations, or to reply to a specific request that you might have;
- the assets and operations of the business of Ultra Fleet are transferred to another party as a going concern;
- the disclosure is required for the management of health services;
- the disclosure is required for training or research purposes;
- the disclosure is required for compassionate reasons; or
- the disclosure is required for law enforcement or investigation purposes.
In all of the above circumstances, Ultra Fleet will only disclose your personal information in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
What happens if you refuse to provide the information requested?
How do you request access to the personal information Ultra Fleet holds about you?
At any time, you can request access to the personal information we have about you by writing, faxing or e-mailing us directly at the contact details below. We will give you access to the personal information we hold about you as soon as reasonably practicable after receiving your request.
If at any time you wish us to change your personal information that we hold on record as it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us at the contact details below.
To the extent that we collect sensitive information from you, such as information about your health, we comply with the privacy requirements applicable to such information.
We will not ‘spam’ you
We may contact you at the email or other address which you provide to us in order to provide you with updated information about our services.
If you are receiving promotional information about Ultra Fleet and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our distribution list either by e-mailing us at email@example.com or contacting us at the contact details below and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
Information collection on our website
For statistical purposes, Ultra Fleet collects and stores the following information about visitors to its website:
- server address;
- the date and time of visit;
- the web pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- previous sites visited; and
- type of browser used.
We only record your e-mail address if you make a donation through our website or if you send us a message. This message could be:
- to make an inquiry to any of the e-mail addresses of Ultra Fleet to give us feedback on our site – we use this to administer and improve our website;
- to subscribe to our e-newsletter – we and our internet development company only use the information provided
- to administer the delivery of our e-newsletter to those requesting it; or
NSW’s programs which are listed on our website – any information provided will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it or otherwise in accordance with your consent.
Ultra Fleet is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any site that is linked to its website. Your activity on those sites is covered by the privacy policies of those sites.
Our donations page is hosted by a secure third party payment gateway, Direct One. All responsible steps are taken to protect your security when using the site. Donations are processed through Direct One utilising 128-bit SSL encryption to protect the transfer of personal and financial information between your browser and our server and credit card details are NOT stored at any time. The only information collected and retained is the amount of the donation, transaction date, name and contact details as completed on the donation form.
For more information contact: